Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Technology Enhanced Lesson

For my technology lesson I taught the students about what an inference is and how to make one. I was able to first teach them using a book that requires students to make an inference for it to have meaning to it. At the end of my lesson I showed them how, using my own background knowledge and textual clues, I came to the conclusion that I did and inferred what I did. To further reinforce the importance of inferences and how to make them, I used a quiz from the internet. In this quiz there is a sentence given to the students and then four answers that could be what you inferred from the sentence. This was a really good way to teach them better about inferences because I was able to use the projector so that all the students had access to the technology and the words. It was also a fun way to teach them inferences so that they didn't get bored repeating the same things over and over. As a class we were able to get 15 out of 15 on the quiz and I think that the students really enjoyed using a fun website to learn something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment