Thursday, January 15, 2009

PsychReflection1

I decided to create a Goodreads account for something new that I wanted to learn. The reason that I chose this particular website and group to start is that it is helpful in another one of my classes so I feel that it’s something that I might actually use.
The initial set-up was fairly simple except when they wanted my e-mail address and password so that I can add friends it kept denying me. Hopefully I’ll be able to figure it out as it is necessary for my other class to add my teacher as a friend. I also had some struggles when I tried to upload a photo to personalize my account more. For now I have simply given up on it as it could be that my internet is just really slow. I plan to try and do it on campus; however, it will probably take me some time to do it because I have to load a picture of me on to a campus computer in order for me to upload it and I’m just not sure of when I will really want to take the time to do it.
I’m excited for this new opportunity I have to find some really good books to read. I don’t have much time for leisure reading but once I do I will be able to keep up to date with what is new and supposedly good. I think that this website is a fabulous idea for people of any age and taste. Just from what I have looked at and observed on the website so far I can see that it is a great tool for me to use.
I did think it was really funny to see that Twilight was on the “worst books list” and the “best books list.” It shows that people are really willing to share their opinions and their views on the book and I feel that it is done in a respectful way. I hope that through this website and by writing opinions of my own I will be able to find some really good books that could perhaps change my perceptions on things and I will become a better critical thinker of what makes a book good.
Overall I would say that this was a really good choice for me because it was simple enough for me to set-up as I am not that great with technology and something that I will really use.

No comments:

Post a Comment